Sunday, April 17, 2011

IS the grass really greener on the other side?

Things seem to be popping up everywhere these days that have me thinking about when I was younger, much younger. So in thinking back to when I was a child or at least as far back as I can remember, I always thought how great it would be to be on the other side. You know, where "the grass is always greener".  I must have thought this way so much so that these are (almost) the only memories that come to mind. In my eyes it seemed everyone had it all or more than me. More fun, more friends, better hair, better skin, just more or better things than I did. I remember being shy, nervous and scared a lot. I know, I know, those of you who watched me grow up such as my brother, sisters, aunts and uncles would say "that's not what I remember" but things are so different on the inside than they are on the outside. I do remember times that I laughed and had fun but they seem to be so far and few in between. Does everyone feel this way when thinking back to their childhood? Something tells me no.

2 comments:

  1. Aha Bernadette, I think we have all felt this way at some point in our life, I think the difference is as we get older and the more connections we make with others especially the ones we hold up high. We come to realize that they are not perfect, they may or may not see their grass and what color it is but I can bet you that they wish that they had something different, something better, something more then. Just something... We learn to except or not to except and reach or not reach, to learn or not learn.. We realize we have a choice to what we want to get.. Do we want the greenest grass possible for self or do you settle for green and yellow grass or maybe it's the dirt and sand.. It is not better or worst it just how you choose to perceive it.. Human nature to always want what we can't have? Or is it to see that what we don't have to figure out if we really want it and if so what is it I need to do to get what it is I want..
    Nice job Bern. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL THAT'S JUST GREAT DEB, MORE QUESTIONS FOR ME TO ANSWER NOW LOL Thanks for your post. I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete